Sunday, December 23, 2012

Easy Influences On Our Precious Ones

Ok, here's what happened today. And I believe it is ONE of the reasons why this society has shrugged in their feeble answer as to how crimes are resolved, justified, punished ...etc. 

A boy, age 9, I found out later, was laughing with a friend outside of a temple, on my street. The "child' said to me as I walked by wearing a normal t-shirt and jeans, and sunglasses, "Wow. What a figure!" I couldn't believe it at first and I thought my mind was making me hear something I didn't. But I stepped backwards and I was right. A 9 year old boy was trying to use this line. A) Probably learned it from someone who was older than him at school; B) Watched a scene like this in a Indian movie or TV; C) Learned it from home or family.

I wasn't going to say anything, but then I thought maybe it is because no one says anything to correct anyone, and so I reprimanded the boy and he then said, "Sorry, sister," in his native tongue, Telugu.

Whatever the case was, the fact that a boy his age thought is was "cool" to use this line on a MUCH MUCH older girl, like me, or anyone else, shows us that kids even younger than him are influenced so easy, and it is so important to find out where he and other children are learning this and fix this problem at the root, so children like him do not grow up into the monsters that raped the girl in Delhi.

The death penalty is in place in 33 states in the USA, and if you search the the internet you can see that atrocious crimes are still committed to this day. Might seem as the only action to have in place to control someone who is harming society, but keeping them in jail also serves the same purpose. Getting to the root of the problem is more well worth the energy, time or money. We need to change the mentality in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all feedback is definitely welcome! Share your thoughts, disagreements, opinions, comments, advice and suggestions --positive or negative - all is appreciated!