Sunday, December 23, 2012

Goodnight, Farewell, It's time to say so goodbye and go to sleep!!

November 28, 2012 (2 am)

I am going out of my mind with Ari! She'll be almost 9 months and she still doesn't sleep through the night. I have no idea what's wrong with her ... maybe her teeth, maybe the end of her cold... but thank God my friend is over to help otherwise I would be going out of my mind. 

I mean to say that I was going out of my mind, more than usual.  I am so glad my best friend was with me.  He was awesome. Always is in these situations.

 We tried everything: swayed her, each took turns pacing with her, singing to her, checked her diaper (which was clean as a whistle -- whatever that means anyway!).  Then we used that nasal, booger sucking thingamajig, thinking it her nose was stuffed--nope, it wasn't clogged.  She didn't have a fever, I had already applied Baby Orajel on her gums hours ago.  And she wasn't hungry either; she kept hitting the bottle away in anger, and spitting out the Apple Ceralac, which is usually her favorite.  My friend even made a swing from an old Sari (the fabric that Indian wear as their customary attire), tying it to a hook from the ceiling, and gently placed Ari in it and swung her from side to side.  She cried even louder.  Nothing worked. I had no idea what was wrong.  I was panicking, and getting frustrated. 
Finally, his idea of taking her up to the terrace worked!!!  We tried to avoid it at first, because she still had a runny nose and it was quite chilly, and the mosquitoes in India are nothing to ignore, and there always plenty surfing around up there.  But nothing else worked, so we thought, 'what the hell'. 

I'm so lucky that I have a friend, who will come to my (and Ari's) rescue, (even if it's not his kid), whenever I call, at any hour, even if it means sleep loss for him as well.  A super hero that has the patience to put a crying baby to sleep and calm a single momma with major insomnia trauma, without flinching! Now that's what I call a man!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all feedback is definitely welcome! Share your thoughts, disagreements, opinions, comments, advice and suggestions --positive or negative - all is appreciated!